Skin cancer is a devouring disease that doesn’t have mercy on anyone, irrespective of gender. But a survey says that 70% of women out of a hundred get affected with skin cancer. Women in the age group of 41-59 are getting severely affected by this deadly disease. The rate is 74%. Now, we all know that prevention is better than cure. Therefore, here you can read some of the probable causes of skin cancer and their prevention methods from one of the best skin clinic in Southampton.
What is Skin Cancer
When the skin experiences an out-of-control growth in the epidermis, unrepaired DNA damage triggers a mutation. Thus, the skin cells multiply rapidly, which leads to forming a malignant tumor. Basal cell carcinoma, Merkel cell carcinoma, and squamous cell carcinoma are three significant types of skin cancer. There are thousands of other unrecognized types as well.
Causes of Skin Cancer
After years of research, the best skin clinic in Southampton has concluded that there are two primary reasons for skin cancer:
- The ultraviolet ray of the sun
- The usage of UV tanning beds
UV rays are the reason behind a significant amount of DNA damage and genetic mutations. Including ozone depletion, several other reasons reach UVR to the surface of the earth. Elevation, latitude, longitude, and other factors are included here. A current medical study report says that UV rays are used to kill the germs of cancer. So, the single component is causing and destroying the disease.
Symptoms of Skin Cancer
Skin cancer is the most common type of cancer and if detected earlier, it can heal. Therefore, look for some common symptoms. Skin cancer may develop in the less exposed areas like the scalp, shoulders or neck. Most of the time it develops on the parts of the body that are exposed to UV rays. Chest, arm, face and hands are some of the areas. As there are three kinds of recognized skin cancer, their symptoms differ from one to another.
In Basal Cell Carcinoma, you can follow the symptoms like:
- Itchy red patches that hurt or bleed easily. They may become crusty.
- A sore for more than ten days.
- Shiny red, white, pink, brown bump on the skin.
- Pink growth with an indented centre and elevated border.
Squamous Cell Carcinoma’s symptoms are like:
- Bleeding red patches
- Open sores for a long time that bleeds
- Tender raised growths with a bleeding center indent
- A wart-like growth that crusts and bleeds.
Melanoma is not a common type of skin cancer and it’s serious in its form. It can develop in:
The common symptoms are:
- Asymmetrical moles
- Ragged or notched border of freckles
Prevention is Better than Cure
After intricate research, the skin clinic in Southampton has found out some preventions of skin cancer. They include:
- Rejuvenation of skin with vitamin B3 injection
- Regular production of collagen through treatment
- Fibroblast and skin tightening treatment that prevents saggy skin
Cancer can be defeated with a natural production of collagen that stops unnatural cell growth and keeps the skin.